What I got in Canada - Makeup

Sunday 5 October 2014

Hi everyone! 
I just got back from my holiday, I went to Canada to see the rocky mountains also Vancouver where I got to shop a little bit. 

As most of you know we don't have a Sephora in the UK (but it does ship it for us) so I was excited to see what stuff they have in there. Now, my mother is probably Sephora's number 1 fan! She doesn't stop talking about how amazing the store is and how she wishes there's a sephora in the UK. And I couldn't agree more with her. 

Anyway this is what I bought in Canada. 





First up it's Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I got this foundation after regretting not buying it last summer when I was in America. It gives full coverage and last all day. For me it's a satin finish not to dewy and not to matte. If you like Laura Mercier's silk cream foundation then you will love this since it's exactly the same but better is my opinion. 


2, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in medium brown (medium ash) I was trying to get the Ash blonde colour but it was sold out :( But I just could not leave without getting one. I think now it's my holy grail for eyebrows!! I've always used powders/eyeshadows but now this has totally converted me to pencils! It's amazing! I can't get enough of it! If you do get the chance to get one of these then  do it soon!


3, Smashbox photo finish primer. I know you can get these in the UK but I ran out of primer while in Canada. I've tried 2 other smashbox primers and haven't been impressed with them. But since this is one of their best selling products I gave it a go. 1, The smell of it is disgusting. I can't stand it. Smells so artificial. 2, After seeing photos of me with this primer on my skin looks flawless! It's amazing in pictures! 3, It actually makes makeup last for a very long time. I wore it for 25 hours and my foundation was still on amazing!


4, Nyx powder blush in pinched. I went to a drug store called London Drugs in Canada and found a batch of Nyx products there! It was my first time seeing nyx products so I was exciting to try thing out. But their stand was disgusting. Half of the products was missing and open etc. What a shame. But I did pick up this blush I haven't tried it yet but hopefully with the great reviews of their blushed I won't be disappointed. 


5, Last but not least the Nyx jumbo eye pencil. Since hearing great, amazing reviews of this product I needed to get it. Thankfully there was the shade I wanted left (milk) which I quickly got. I also haven't tried this yet but probably won't be disappointed with it since the raves it has gotten in the beauty world. 

That's it! Hoped you liked my little haul from Canada. What's your fave nyx product? Let me know in the comments below! 

-Anna xoxo

No comments

Post a Comment