Disappointing Products #1

Thursday 20 November 2014

Sometimes I buy things mainly because of the great reviews I've heard of them. Others I buy not knowing how good it is. These are my disappointing products #1. 


1, Smashbox Hydrate Primer 
2, Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 
3, Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover 
4, Bleach London Silver Conditioner + Shampoo 
5, Sleek Eyeshadow Palette 

1, I've used 2 other different smashbox primers before. The original photoready primer and dark spot primer. I was impressed with the Photo Ready primer, the dark spot primer was for me to try and get rid of scars. I don't think it did anything for me. But since my skin is dry/dehydrated I tried out the Hydrate primer. Disappointed. Did nothing at all. Did nothing for my makeup to stay longer or look flawless. Nothing. 

2, And that's where the Laura Mercier Primer comes in. After seeing a good amount of hype about her primers, and loving the Silk Creame FfoundationI thought surly this primer is amazing! I was wrong. Again like the Smashbox it did nothing! It was a waste of money and product. 

3, I usually take my makeup off with a oil cleanser but hate it using it to remove my eye makeup off, So I bought Garnier's eye makeup remover, suitable for sensitive eyes. ''Suitable for sensitive eyes'' Bit of a lie there, Garnier? It made my eyes sting so much! Also my eyes were red and watery. A no go from me. But my mother uses it and she loves it!

4, Bleach London is one of 2014's biggest hair hype in the blogger world. From their crazy hair colours to their hair care range, I had high hopes for their silver shampoo and conditioner.  I bought the conditioner first thinking it would do my bleach hair a good condition treatment while taking out the yellow in my hair. 1, It did not take any yellow out and 2, It made my hair incredibly greasy! I can't use this conditioner since after 3 hours my hair is so greasy, disgusting! Same goes to the shampoo, disappointed with the conditioner i gave the shampoo a go. One good thing about it, it didn't make my as greasy as the conditioner, but didn't get any yellow out of my hair. 

5, I can't even remember the name of this Sleek eyeshadow palette, but all I can say about how disappointed I was with it. After sleek having many great reviews with their palettes I decided to buy one...and thought what is so amazing about it?! It didn't give any pigment and didn't stay on my eyelids. Maybe I just got a bad palette? I don't know...

Have any of you tried these products? Let me know in the comments if you agree of disagree with my review of them! 

-Anna xoxo 

1 comment

  1. Great post, I bought the Bleach London shampoo when I had bleahced hair and I didn't think it made a difference at all either. A little disappointing when I had read so much about it like you had too.
    Sam xx
    knockoutcouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete