Cleansing Oils & Balms | Which One Is The Best?

Tuesday 9 December 2014

I've been using cleansing oils a lot this year. I first used ''L'oreal Paris Skin Perfection Miracle Cleansing Oil'', I bought it simply because i've heard about cleansing oils and saw it on offer. After making good research I discovered that ''The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil'' was a big hit in beauty world. 

I love cleansing oils they are so quick taking off your makeup. 3 pumps and 3 damp cotton pads and all my makeup is off within 3 minuets! 

But are they better than balms? Balms have been here longer than oils, I think simply because people are afraid of using oils as cleansers. Some great cleansing balms are ''Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm'' and ''Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm'' 


When I was in Canada in September I forgot to take my cleansing oil with me. Knowing I loved the camomile cleansing oil I bought the balm version of it since I have never tried balms before and it was small and compact to travel with. 

So are balm the best? With this one, no. I found the oil a lot more easy to work with and quicker to use. With the balms you have to warm them up in your hands before and I just find that really hygienic even though my hands are clean. I also didn't like how it felt on my face, rubbing it in felt really greasy and doesn't feel like i'm taking off my makeup, but of course it did. 

For the price of £10 for the oil and £12 for the balm you couldn't go wrong for trying them. 
Have you ever tried any cleansing oils/balms? Let me know in the comments! 

Until next time 
-Anna xoxo 

1 comment

  1. I've actually never tried a cleansing oil or balm! I love the body shop though so perhaps I'll give the oil a go. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete