Baking Blogging #1 - Easy Shortbread Recipe!

Monday 1 December 2014

Baking is one of my favourite things to do. And for my 18th birthday present I got my very own Kitchenaid Mixer. I decided to blog my first use of the mixer to see how it is. The mixer is fabulous to work with! The only issue I had with it was the speed leaver was a bit stiff but i'll get the hang of it soon. 


Let's start with the Kitchenaid Mixer. It's a wonderful baking mixer for anybody. So easy to use and I would defiantly recommend it if you do a lot of baking. It's pricy though! Coming in at a whopping £370! 


I also got it in the ''Caffe Latte'' shade. Since i'm not a big fan of coloured equipments I thought this would be a good colour since it goes with everything. Also it has very subtle glitter! Love it!

Now for the recipe! 


First off this recipe only has 3 ingredients! Start off by pre heating the oven to 160C and use 50g of sugar and 100g of butter. 




Mix the sugar and butter together until nice and creamy. 


Next get 125g of plain flower. 


Adding the flower bit by bit to get the mixture nice a crumbly. 



After adding all of the flower, get the mixture into a ball using your hands. 


Roll out the dough, you can decide how thick or thin you want the shortbread to be. 



Cut them out using whatever you want to use. You can use christmas cut outs, great for gifts this christmas! 


Put them in the oven for about 10-15 minuets.


While cooling sprinkle sugar all over them.


Then your done! Put them on a plate and serve them up! How easy was that?! They are so easy and delicious to make, anybody can do them! I was thinking of doing lots of these as christmas presents. What do you think? Hope you will try these out! Tweet me at - @Annalaleex if you've done them! 

Until next time
-Anna xoxo 


4 comments

  1. mmm i love shortbread these look so yummy! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/12/bomb-cosmetics-cupcake-bath-bombs.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!! I love baking but don't get to do it as often as I would like to! Great post, thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    xx
    mariana
    www.themstudio13.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! :) Hope you will have time to do these! xx

      Delete